All Healthcare Professionals, Healthcare Teams, Leaders, Physicians, Residents, Surgical Teams
Available for team bookings:
Available for individuals:
Cost for Individual Registration
- November 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29 2021, from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm ET
Online – English
About the Change and Quality course
The Saegis Change and Quality course is designed to upskill the quality improvement (QI) knowledge of entire healthcare teams. Participants in this program learn a systematic approach to design, test and implement change with the aim of driving successful improvement in a real-time and dynamic way.
Strengths of the Program
- Supports Canadian healthcare teams as they address opportunities to advance quality and safety in their workplaces
- Meets the needs of the interdisciplinary healthcare team
- Includes case study work that engages participants in the application of QI processes to real-world healthcare challenges
The Change and Quality course consists of five 2-hour sessions, Microsystems I – V:
I. Preparation and Planning
Participants are introduced to the methodologies of process improvement and root cause analysis. The six dimensions of quality care and the quadruple aim provide a systemic perspective to drive strategic planning efforts through a team approach.
II. Measuring Performance
Efforts to improve quality need to be measured to demonstrate effectiveness and this requires the development and assessment of quality indicators. Participants gather, analyze and interpret data through the use of appropriate quality improvement tools.
III. Implementing Change
Using the Deming Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle participants will plan, execute and evaluate changes. Results are assessed and interpreted by reviewing key performance measures.
IV. Sustaining Improvement
Sustainability is focused on holding the gain of the improvement efforts. Participants will develop strategies to plan for continued project success.
V. Applying and Sharing
At the completion of the workshop, participants will present their plan for a QI initiative that supports the application of practice improvement in their healthcare settings.
Five 2-hour online sessions delivered over the course of five weeks.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Commit to build a collaborative interprofessional team that contributes effectively to the QI process.
- Examine how quality improvement can improve the safety and cost-efficiency of care and enhance the patient and provider experience.
- Explain a comprehensive improvement process including the steps involved in a QI methodology and how to apply them to a specific project, problem, or QI initiative.
- Understand the importance of measurement in quality improvement and differentiate between outcome, process, and balancing measures.
A computer with:
- A reliable high-speed internet connection
- Speakers and a microphone
- A webcam
For more information on system requirements please visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux
General Questions or Inquiries
Please contact us with your questions or inquiries. We will respond within 2 business days.