- June 15 – January 4, 2021
Cost for Individual RegistrationContact us for pricing
CPD Credits Earned
College of Family Physicians of Canada: 102 Mainpro+ credits (Assessment)
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada: 81.0 MOC credits in total (10.5 credits Section 1 and 70.5 credits Section 3)
About the Clinical Communication Program
For program cost information, and to register, please contact us at 1-833-435-9979 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Clinical Communication Program (CCP) is a highly intensive interpersonal skills training program which greatly enhances doctor-patient communication. The CCP is carefully designed to improve performance and reduce the risk of litigation or complaint. It creates significant behavioural and attitudinal change to improve safety and to renew enjoyment in the practice of medicine. Physicians who have undertaken the CCP have seen a reduction in complaints and claims brought against them.* The program was developed by the Medical Protection Society (MPS), a global physician protection association, and is offered in Canada exclusively by Saegis.
Strengths of the program
Research has found this course to be effective in reducing future claims and litigation risk of physicians who had been identified as posing a significantly higher risk than their peers**. The real-world, results-focused approach includes development of a tailored workable action plan.
Key program elements
- Program is limited to 6 participants to deliver more customized and focused training.
- Tailored activities to meet the specific communication training needs of each participant.
- Creation of a trusting, supportive environment conducive to learning and self-reflection.
- Establishment of a climate free from embarrassment, threat or shame where participants feel comfortable extending themselves.
- Development of a workable action plan to provide direction for participants in the long term.
- Support from a facilitator throughout the whole program (before, during and after the online group “workshop” component) to assist with the change process.
29 weeks, consisting of three phases:
- Phase 1 – preparation and goal setting
- Phase 2 – 5-week online group training
- Phase 3 – 18 weeks of implementation and coaching activities
Session Dates – beginning June 15, 2021:
- Phase 1 – Pre-work and goal setting, June 15 (begins 6 weeks before the 5-week online group training)
- Phase 2 – 5-week online group “workshop” training between July 27 and September 2 (two online sessions per week)
- Phase 3 – Implementation and coaching September 3 to January 4 (18 weeks post 5-week online group training)
- To enhance communications skills.
- To decrease incidences of complaints and claims.
- To improve the understanding of the factors influencing interpersonal performance.
- To enable the participant to successfully apply practical skills in the workplace.
Cost and information
Please contact us at 1-833-435-9979 or via email at email@example.com for registration and pricing information.
Places are limited! Sign up now for an upcoming CCP session.
** Source: O’Brien, M., Dinwoodie, M., Hartwig, B., & Blaney, D. (2014). The clinical communication program: An effective intervention for reducing future risk for high-risk physicians. Asia Pacific Journal of Health Management, 9(1), 8–13.1
General Questions or Inquiries
Please contact us with your questions or inquiries. We will respond within 2 business days.