Cost for Individual Registration
- November 15, 2022 – May 9, 2023
CPD Credits Earned
College of Family Physicians of Canada: Earn up to 123 certified Mainpro+ credits
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada: Earn up to 41 MOC credits in total
Fédération des médecins omnipraticiens du Québec: 41 heures de formation reconnues
About the Clinical Communication Program
The next available Clinical Communication Program session begins November 15, 2022
The Clinical Communication Program (CCP) is a highly intensive interpersonal skills training program which greatly enhances doctor-patient communication. The CCP is carefully designed to improve performance and reduce the risk of litigation or complaint. It creates significant behavioural and attitudinal change to improve safety and to renew enjoyment in the practice of medicine. Physicians who have undertaken the CCP have seen a reduction in complaints and claims brought against them.* The program was developed by the Medical Protection Society (MPS), a global physician protection association, and is offered in Canada exclusively by Saegis.
Strengths of the program
Research has found this course to be effective in reducing future claims and litigation risk of physicians who had been identified as posing a significantly higher risk than their peers**. The real-world, results-focused approach includes development of a tailored workable action plan.
Key program elements
- Program is limited to 6 participants to deliver more customized and focused training.
- Tailored activities to meet the specific communication training needs of each participant.
- Creation of a trusting, supportive environment conducive to learning and self-reflection.
- Establishment of a climate free from embarrassment, threat or shame where participants feel comfortable extending themselves.
- Development of a workable action plan to provide direction for participants in the long term.
- Support from a facilitator throughout the whole program (before, during and after the online group “workshop” component) to assist with the change process.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Enhance communications skills.
- Decrease incidences of complaints and claims.
- Improve the understanding of the factors influencing interpersonal performance.
- Enable the participant to successfully apply practical skills in the workplace.
Six months, consisting of three phases:
- Phase 1 – Preparation and goal setting (six weeks)
- Phase 2 – Online group training (four weeks)
- Phase 3 – Implementation and coaching activities
The next available Clinical Communication Program session begins November 15, 2022 and finishes May 9, 2023
November 15, 2022 – May 9, 2023
Cost and information
Please contact us at 1-833-435-9979 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration and pricing information.
Places are limited! Sign up now for an upcoming CCP session.
College of Family Physicians of Canada
Earn up to 123 certified Mainpro+ credits
This 3-credit-per-hour Assessment program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 123 Mainpro+ credits.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Earn up to 41 MOC credits in total
This activity is an Accredited Self-Assessment Program (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by CMPA. You may claim a maximum of 41 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
Fédération des médecins omnipraticiens du Québec
Ce programme se qualifie pour une demande d’accréditation à la FMOQ pour 41 heures de formation reconnues.
This program was co-developed with the CMPA and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance.
** Source: O’Brien, M., Dinwoodie, M., Hartwig, B., & Blaney, D. (2014). The clinical communication program: An effective intervention for reducing future risk for high-risk physicians. Asia Pacific Journal of Health Management, 9(1), 8–13.1
General Questions or Inquiries
Please contact us with your questions or inquiries. We will respond within 2 business days.