All Healthcare Professionals, Healthcare Teams, Physicians
Available for team bookings:
Available for individuals:
Cost for Individual Registration
- September 7, 14, 21 & 28, 2021 from 8:00 pm to 10:00pm ET
Online – English
- October 6, 13, 20 & 27, 2021 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm ET
Online – English
- October 28 & November 4, 11, 18, 2021 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm ET
Online – English
- November 22, 25, 29 & December 2, 2021 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Online – French
CPD Credits Earned
College of Family Physicians of Canada: 19 Mainpro+ credits (Group Learning)
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada: 10 MOC credits (5.5 credits Section 1 and 4.5 credits Section 3)
About the Effective Team Interactions online program
This workshop-style online program provides practical strategies for effectively interacting with colleagues in a team environment. Participants will be equipped with skills that ensure clearer communication between healthcare colleagues, reduce risk and lead to improved patient safety.
Strengths of the Program
- Developed in partnership with the CMPA, this program leverages the CMPA’s breadth of knowledge and understanding of physicians’ needs and healthcare safety issues
- Taught by experienced faculty
- Highly interactive and practical
- Team communication in the context of safe patient care
- The concept of psychological safety allowing team members to raise concerns
- Active listening and assertive communication skills
- Situational awareness
Seven hours. Currently offered online as three 2-hour online sessions and one 1-hour session delivered over the course of four weeks.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Explain how the attributes of effective teams contribute to reliable patient outcomes
- Demonstrate communication strategies that support effective team functioning
- Identify opportunities for teams to implement psychological safety
- Demonstrate effective use of one structured communication tool to accurately, clearly, and efficiently share information within a healthcare team
- Demonstrate assertive communication approaches for addressing a healthcare-related safety concern
- Develop a clear and actionable change plan to improve team communication
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, an HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
- For more information on system requirements please visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux
In addition to this virtual open enrollment workshop, Saegis can offer an on-site Effective Team Interactions course that specifically meets your organization’s needs.
If you think your leadership team could benefit from this program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-833-435-9979 for more information about customized sessions.
College of Family Physicians of Canada
19 Mainpro+ credits (Group Learning)
This 2-credit-per-hour Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 19 Mainpro+ credits.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
10 MOC credits (5.5 credits Section 1 and 4.5 credits Section 3)
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the CMPA. You may claim a maximum of 5.5 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
This activity is an Accredited Simulation Activity (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by CMPA. You may claim a maximum of 1.5 hour (credits are automatically calculated).
Fédération des médecins omnipracticiens du Québec
Ce programme se qualifie pour une demande d’accréditation à la FMOQ pour 6,75 heures de crédits de catégorie 1.
This program was co-developed with the CMPA and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance.
General Questions or Inquiries
Please contact us with your questions or inquiries. We will respond within 2 business days.