All Healthcare Professionals, Healthcare Teams, Physicians
Available for individuals:
Available for team bookings:
CPD Credits Earned
College of Family Physicians of Canada
19 Mainpro+ credits (Group Learning)
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
10 MOC credits (5.5 credits Section 1 and 4.5 credits Section 3)
- Jan 28 & Feb 4, 11, 18, 2021 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm EST
Cost for Individual Registration$650.00
About the Effective Team Interactions online program
This workshop-style online program provides practical strategies for effectively interacting with colleagues in a team environment. Participants will be equipped with skills that ensure clearer communication between healthcare colleagues, reduce risk and lead to improved patient safety.
Strengths of the Program
- Developed in partnership with the CMPA, this program leverages the CMPA’s breadth of knowledge and understanding of physicians’ needs and healthcare safety issues
- Taught by experienced faculty
- Highly interactive and practical
- Team communication in the context of safe patient care
- The concept of psychological safety allowing team members to raise concerns
- Active listening and assertive communication skills
- Situational awareness
Seven hours. Currently offered online as three 2-hour online sessions and one 1-hour session delivered over the course of four weeks.
- Explain how the attributes of effective teams contribute to reliable patient outcomes
- Demonstrate communication strategies that support effective team functioning
- Identify opportunities for teams to implement psychological safety
- Demonstrate effective use of one structured communication tool to accurately, clearly, and efficiently share information within a healthcare team
- Demonstrate assertive communication approaches for addressing a healthcare-related safety concern
- Develop a clear and actionable change plan to improve team communication
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, an HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
- For more information on system requirements please visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux
In addition to this virtual open enrollment workshop, Saegis can offer an on-site Effective Team Interactions course that specifically meets your organization’s needs.
If you think your leadership team could benefit from this program, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-833-435-9979 for more information about customized sessions.
General Questions or Inquiries
Please contact us with your questions or inquiries. We will respond within 2 business days.