All Healthcare Professionals, Healthcare Teams, Leaders, Physicians
Also available online
Available for team bookings:
Available for individuals:
Cost for Individual Registration
- We’re sorry, no sessions for individual registration are currently scheduled
CPD Credits Earned
College of Family Physicians of Canada
48 Mainpro+ credits (Assessment)
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
48 MOC credits (Section 3)
About the Just Culture In Healthcare Certification Course – in-person program
Just Culture allows healthcare professionals to feel safe to report openly about errors and near misses. Participants learn how to apply the Just Culture Algorithm, to reinforce Just Culture principles and to create a culture of learning that sustainably reduces risk and improves patient safety.
Through this accredited program, physicians and healthcare professionals will learn how to reinforce behaviour that supports the organization’s values. Applying just culture principles will also improve systems, reduce negative outcomes and improve team morale.
“This course was excellent for anyone who is considering a leadership position… If implemented in your organization could have a very positive impact on sense of fairness and accountability. I would strongly recommend this course.”Orthopedic surgeon, Ontario (June 2020)
Just Culture has helped many organizations and healthcare institutions develop a more open and just culture. The course provides participants with access to online resources and tools that allow for ongoing and cost-effective implementation of the program’s foundational elements.
Saegis offers this program in partnership with The Just Culture Company, the company that developed the Just Culture model.
Participants will learn how to use the Just Culture Algorithm™ – a tool grounded in systems engineering, human factors and law. Leaders can use this tool to reinforce behaviour that improves systems and reduces negative outcomes, with the goal of improving patient safety.
The program consists of 6 two hour sessions facilitated via teleconference, 2.5 hours of pre-work, assignments and a 1.5 hour online certification exam and ongoing opportunities to learn through a range of online resources.
Strengths of the Program
- Reduce adverse events
- Improve systems
- Improve operational reliability
- Improve team morale
- The history of our social trend toward a more punitive, yet unaccountable culture.
- The notions of duty, breach, and consequence as applied to inescapably fallible human beings.
- The scientific, legal, and social basis for a more just culture.
- The design of the Just Culture Algorithm™.
- How to become a role model, mentor, and coach to your employees.
2.5 hours pre-work, plus 2-day in-person course and 1.5 hour online proficiency exam.
Upon completion of the Just Culture Certification Course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the impact of accountability and justice in a learning culture.
- Identify the role of an organization’s mission and values in building a just culture.
- Explain and be able to mitigate judgement biases.
- Identify three system strategies to manage risk.
- Manage five core behaviours affecting risk.
- Perform a causal evaluation of an event.
- Utilize the Just Culture Algorithm™ .
- Explore how to implement a just culture.
Materials Provided Include
- The Just Culture Algorithm™ v4.0
- Two-Year Subscription to the online Just Culture Assessment Tool
In addition to this Just Culture in Healthcare Certification Course, Saegis can offer a more comprehensive, on-site Just Culture program that specifically meets your organization’s needs.
For more information about customized sessions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-833-435-9979
General Questions or Inquiries
Please contact us with your questions or inquiries. We will respond within 2 business days.