All Healthcare Professionals, Healthcare Teams, Leaders, Physicians
Available for individuals:
Available for team bookings:
- March 23, 30 & April 6, 13, 20 & 27 2021 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm ET
Online – French
- April 8, 15, 22, 29 & May 6, 13 2021 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm ET
Online – English
- May 5, 12, 19, 26 and June 2 & 9 2021 from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm ET
Online – English
- June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 and July 6 2021 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm ET
Online – English
Cost for Individual Registration$1,400.00
CPD Credits Earned
College of Family Physicians of Canada:
48 Mainpro+ credits (Assessment)
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada:
48 MOC credits (Section 3)
About the Just Culture In Healthcare Certification Course – online program
Just Culture allows healthcare professionals to feel safe to report openly about errors and near misses. Participants in the Just Culture in Healthcare program learn how to apply the Just Culture Algorithm, to reinforce Just Culture principles and to create a culture of learning that sustainably reduces risk and improves patient safety.
Through this accredited program, physicians and healthcare professionals will learn how to reinforce behaviour that supports the organization’s values. Applying just culture principles will also improve systems, reduce negative outcomes and improve team morale.
“This course was excellent for anyone who is considering a leadership position… If implemented in your organization it could have a very positive impact on sense of fairness and accountability. I would strongly recommend this course.”Orthopedic surgeon, Ontario (June 2020)
Just Culture principles and the Just Culture Algorithm provide a consistent and constructive way of looking at accountability in healthcare.
Learn more in this brief video featuring Saegis Safety Institute Director and program facilitator, Dr. Tom Lloyd.
Saegis offers this program in partnership with The Just Culture Company, the company that developed the Just Culture model. The course provides participants with access to online resources and tools that allow for ongoing and cost-effective implementation of the program’s foundational elements.
Participants will learn how to use the Just Culture Algorithm™ – a tool grounded in systems engineering, human factors and law. Leaders can use this tool to reinforce behaviour that improves systems and reduces negative outcomes, with the goal of improving patient safety.
Strengths of the Program
- Reduce adverse events
- Improve systems
- Improve operational reliability
- Improve team morale
- Reinforce learnings post-program through the Saegis Just Culture Community of Practice
- The history of our social trend toward a more punitive, yet unaccountable culture.
- The notions of duty, breach, and consequence as applied to inescapably fallible
- The scientific, legal, and social basis for a more just culture.
- The design of the Just Culture Algorithm™.
- How to become a role model, mentor, and coach to your employees.
Six 2-hour sessions facilitated via videoconference, 2.5 hours of pre-work, assignments and a 1.5 hour online certification exam and ongoing opportunities to learn through a range of online resources.
- Explain the impact of accountability and justice in a learning culture.
- Identify the role of an organization’s mission and values in building a just culture.
- Explain and be able to mitigate judgement biases.
- Identify three system strategies to manage risk.
- Manage five core behaviours affecting risk.
- Perform a causal evaluation of an event.
- Utilize the Just Culture Algorithm™ .
- Explore how to implement a just culture.
Materials Provided Include:
- The Just Culture Algorithm™ v4.0
- Two-Year Subscription to the online Just Culture Assessment Tool
- One-Year Subscription to the Saegis Just Culture Community of Practice
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, an HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
For more information on system requirements, please visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux
In addition to this Just Culture in Healthcare Certification Course, Saegis can offer a more comprehensive Just Culture program that specifically meets your organization’s needs. For more information about customized sessions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-833-435-9979.
Additional Information and Resources
The Saegis Just Culture Community of Practice
Participants in Just Culture in Healthcare are also invited to join the Saegis Just Culture Community of Practice where they can continue to interact regularly with experts and peers to collaborate, solve problems, and build their knowledge of Just Culture. (Accreditation Details)
General Questions or Inquiries
Please contact us with your questions or inquiries. We will respond within 2 business days.