Available for team bookings:
CPD Credits Earned
College of Family Physicians of Canada: Earn up to 42 Mainpro+ credits
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada: Earn up to 42 MOC credits
About Saegis Coach Training for Physicians
This program is offered as part of our partnership with the Medical Council of Canada (MCC) to hospitals and other healthcare institutions. Saegis facilitators will train internal team members to become coaches to physicians who participate in the MCC 360, a multi-source feedback assessment tool, provided by the MCC.
Strengths of the Program
- Provides a strong understanding of the value of the MCC360 and coaching
- Coaching is based on the R2C2 coaching model
- Includes the opportunity to practice skills in a supportive environment.
- Your hospital or institution builds internal coaching capacity from within your organization.
- The skills learned are also very useful for participants in other situations where they may be required to provide feedback, particularly if they are in a leadership role.
The Value of Coaching
Coaching by trained, peer facilitators allows the physician to view the results in an objective and constructive manner, and to develop a personalized action plan.
The facilitated feedback conversation engages the MCC 360 participant in a reflective exchange about their performance and the feedback received which, has a positive effect on the acceptance and use of the feedback.
Once trained by Saegis’ facilitators, these coaches can help physicians more effectively interpret the MCC 360 feedback and determine an action plan to positively move forward.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of the MCC 360 program and components of the MCC 360 reports.
- Describe the 4-Stage R2C2 model for facilitating feedback and coaching (building relationships, exploring reactions, exploring content, coaching for change).
- Demonstrate through practice the R2C2 model using sample MCC 360 reports.
- Discuss related concerns and potential challenges they foresee in their own setting.
- Identify learning resources available for physicians in the communicator, collaborator and professional CanMEDs roles.
- Describe the logistical process and support in place for MCC 360-Saegis feedback coaching.
If you are interested in this program, please click on the green Book a Session button above and complete the form. A member of the Saegis team will get back to you to discuss your organization’s needs.
About the MCC and Saegis partnership
Leveraging its expertise in assessment, the Medical Council of Canada (MCC) launched the MCC 360 with the goal of making a significant impact on continuing professional development and in-practice assessment in medicine.
As a subsidiary of the CMPA, Saegis has unique insight into the challenges facing physicians day-to day, in the current healthcare environment.
Together, the MCC and Saegis recognized the opportunity to assist physicians in interpreting and applying the feedback from the MCC 360 assessment report, through coaching and the development of a personalized action plan.
For more information, you can also contact us at email@example.com or at
College of Family Physicians of Canada
Earn up to 42 Mainpro+ credits
This 3-credit-per-hour Assessment program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 42 Mainpro+ credits.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Earn up to 42 MOC credits
This activity is an Accredited Self-Assessment Program (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by The CMPA. You may claim a maximum of 14.0 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
This program was co-developed with the CMPA and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance.
General Questions or Inquiries
Please contact us with your questions or inquiries. We will respond within 2 business days.