This Program is for
All Healthcare Professionals, Healthcare Teams, Physicians, Residents
For one-year subscriptions:
– 1 user: $100 per year
– 2 users: $200 per year
– 3 to 5 users: $210 per year
– 6 to 50 users: $42 per user per year
– Over 50 licenses, please contact us for pricing.
CPD Credits Earned
College of Family Physicians of Canada: 30.0 Mainpro+ credits (Assessment)
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada: 30.0 Section 3 Credits
About the Saegis Shield Program
Saegis Shield is a comprehensive, accredited online cybersecurity and privacy education program that addresses the unique needs of Canadian healthcare environments.
It is designed to strengthen what experts consider the best defence against cyber-attacks that target healthcare practices, clinics, hospitals and institutions: the “human defence”.
A Video Introduction to Saegis Shield
To see Saegis Shield in action, check out our video tour.
What is the “Human Defence”?
The human defence against cyber attacks comes from awareness and an understanding of cybersafe habits among all Canadian healthcare professionals, including:
- Physicians, nurses and other providers
- Clinic directors, administrators, managers and staff
- Hospital and healthcare institution staff
How does Saegis Shield work?
Saegis Shield is a subscription-based awareness and education program that is affordable and user-friendly. Healthcare professionals, physicians, and staff simply log in to the program and are provided with:
- A curriculum of online courses designed with busy healthcare schedules in mind – even one 15-minute module per week can help clinic and hospital staff develop cybersafe habits
- A measure of individual and organizational readiness to prevent, recognize and manage costly breaches
- A summary of the current level of cyber risk in the healthcare environment
Saegis Shield homepage
Saegis Shield also provides cybersecurity and privacy resources including templates, breach reports, posters and tools to help fully equip your healthcare team and support adherence to privacy regulations.
- Cyber-risk assessment survey
- Computer-based micro training modules
- Risk dashboard with staff and clinic risk scores, exposure report and news feed
- Phishing challenges
- Webinars and podcasts by privacy and security industry experts
Saegis Shield Summary Dashboard
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss different types of cybercriminals and the various reasons why they target healthcare organizations.
- Describe the importance of securing a healthcare organization’s networks and devices.
- Define, discuss, and understand cybersecurity terminology, such as Multi-Factor Authentication, Encryption, Passphrases and Phishing.
- Define, discuss, and understand healthcare terminology, such as Personal Health Information, Electronic Health Records, and Electronic Medical Records.
- Understand the risks of unsafe online communications.
- Define what makes a strong password and describe why strong passwords are so important.
- Understand how and when to report incidents in the clinic and what actions to take if a breach occurs.
- Explain why a privacy breach is a patient safety issue.
- Discuss the importance of patient privacy and steps to take in your healthcare organization to protect it.
- Describe and discuss how to implement best practices and procedures to prevent cyber-attacks in a clinic.
College of Family Physicians of Canada
30.0 Mainpro+ credits (Assessment)
This 3-credit-per-hour Assessment program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 30 Mainpro+ credits.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
30 MOC credits (Section 3)
This activity is an Accredited Self-Assessment Program (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by The CMPA. You may claim a maximum of 10 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
This program was co-developed with the CMPA and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance.
How to purchase Saegis Shield
Saegis Shield is offered as an annual subscription which can be purchased here online (for up to 50 users*). The subscription cost per year ranges from $42 to $100 per user, depending on the number of users.
Buy subscriptions online by selecting the number of subscriptions (users) from the drop-down menu above, under Cost, and then clicking on the green Purchase button.
*For more than 50 users: Contact us for pricing for clinics or groups of more than 50 users – by email or phone at email@example.com or 1-833-435-9979
General Questions or Inquiries
Please contact us with your questions or inquiries. We will respond within 2 business days.