Available for team bookings:
CPD Credits Earned
CPD credits are not yet available for this program.
- We’re sorry, no sessions for individual registration are currently scheduled
Cost for Individual RegistrationContact us for pricing
About the SafeOR™ program
Every year in Canadian hospitals, one in eighteen people experiences a patient safety incident. More than half of these incidents involve surgical care. But most do not result from a lapse in technical skill; they more often involve team non-technical skills and system factors.
SafeOR™ is a quality initiative with an emphasis on the refinement of non-technical skills. The program is designed to support hospital surgical teams in advancing safety, culture and efficiency within today’s Canadian operating room.
The SafeORTM Program
Let us introduce you to the SafeOR program with this brief overview video:
The SafeOR quality initiative aims to reduce the impact of patient safety incidents. Designed by frontline healthcare providers and quality improvement experts with input from human factors consultants and patient advisors, SafeOR works to:
- Deepen our understanding of the factors that contribute to these incidents
- Advance the culture of safety in Canadian operating rooms
- Build more effective OR workflows and collaboration
- Improve healthcare quality and outcomes for patients, families and care providers
If you are interested in implementing the SafeOR Program in your hospital, you can click on the Book a Session button above and complete the form, or contact our team at:
General Questions or Inquiries
Please contact us with your questions or inquiries. We will respond within 2 business days.