Available for team bookings:
- We’re sorry, no sessions for individual registration are currently scheduled
Cost for Individual Registration$1,200.00
CPD Credits Earned
College of Family Physicians of Canada
30.0 Mainpro+ credits (Assessment)
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
30.0 MOC credits (Section 3)
About the Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour program
Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour is a comprehensive program that supports healthcare leaders in recognizing and addressing unprofessional behaviour. It equips leaders with the strategies, knowledge and skills to manage behavioural challenges within their healthcare teams and establish an effective institutional culture to underpin this knowledge.
“Excellent program! All people in leadership roles should do this!”Department Head, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, ON
Strengths of the program
- Designed and developed in collaboration with the CMPA therefore providing a unique understanding of healthcare safety issues
- Includes a survey to establish participant’s understanding and management of unprofessional behaviour and institutional culture. Survey results form the basis of discussions during the course.
- Participants review and apply the policies and procedures relative to unprofessional behaviour from their own institution.
- Definition of unprofessional behaviour
- Impact of unprofessional behaviour on patient safety and members of healthcare teams
- Introduction to Just Culture concepts and principles
- Tools and strategies to address unprofessional behaviour
- Application of skills through multiple case studies
1.5 days. Day 1: (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.). Day 2: (8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.).
As a result of attending this course, the leader will be able to:
- Confidently implement institutional policies and procedures for managing unprofessional behaviours
- Effectively utilize a staged approach to defuse unprofessional behaviours
- Describe how to enhance a professional workplace culture that leads to safe patient care
- Explain how to support clinicians whether reporting or displaying unprofessional behaviour
In addition to the open enrollment sessions, Saegis can offer a more comprehensive Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour course that specifically meets your organization’s needs. If you think your leadership team could benefit from this program, please click on the Book a Session button or you can contact us at
email@example.com or 1-833-435-9979 for more information about registering for an upcoming session or about customized sessions.
General Questions or Inquiries
Please contact us with your questions or inquiries. We will respond within 2 business days.