All Healthcare Professionals, Healthcare Teams, Leaders, Physicians
Available for team bookings:
Available for individuals:
Cost for Individual Registration
- We’re sorry, no sessions for individual registration are currently scheduled
CPD Credits Earned
College of Family Physicians of Canada: Earn up to 30 certified Mainpro+ credits
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada: Earn up to 30 MOC credits in total
Fédération des médecins omnipraticiens du Québec: 10 heures de formation reconnues
About the Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour for Leaders online program
The increased pressure of the pandemic has significantly impacted physicians and other healthcare professionals. To help you develop knowledge and skills to manage behavioural challenges within your healthcare teams, Saegis offers Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour for Leaders.
This is a comprehensive program that supports healthcare managers and leaders, as well those who wish to grow into leadership positions, in recognizing and addressing unprofessional behaviour. Saegis’ online version of Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour for Leaders offers the same interactive content as our in-person workshop.
Strengths of the program:
- Designed and developed in collaboration with the CMPA therefore providing a unique understanding of how behaviour impacts healthcare safety
- Includes a survey to establish participants’ understanding and management of unprofessional behaviour and institutional culture. Survey results form the basis of discussions during the course.
- Participants review and apply the policies and procedures relative to unprofessional behaviour from their own institution.
Topics to be covered:
- Definition of unprofessional behaviour
- Impact of unprofessional behaviour on patient safety and members of healthcare teams
- Introduction to Just Culture concepts and principles
- Tools and strategies to address unprofessional behaviour
- Application of skills through multiple case studies
Ten hours. Currently offered online as five 2-hour online sessions delivered over the course of five weeks.
- Confidently implement institutional policies and procedures for managing unprofessional behaviours
- Effectively utilize a staged approach to defuse unprofessional behaviours
- Describe how to enhance a professional workplace culture that leads to
safe patient care
- Explain how to support clinicians whether reporting or displaying
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, an HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
- For more information on system requirements please visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux
College of Family Physicians of Canada
Earn up to 30 certified Mainpro+ credits
This 3-credit-per-hour Assessment program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 30 Mainpro+ credits.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Earn up to 30 MOC credits in total
This activity is an Accredited Simulation Activity (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by CMPA. You may claim a maximum of 10 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
Fédération des médecins omnipraticiens du Québec
Ce programme se qualifie pour une demande d’accréditation à la FMOQ pour 10 heures de formation reconnues.
This program was co-developed with the CMPA and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance.
In addition to this virtual open enrollment workshop, Saegis can offer a customized program that specifically meets your organization’s needs. If you think your leadership team could benefit from this program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-833-435-9979 for more information about customized sessions.
General Questions or Inquiries
Please contact us with your questions or inquiries. We will respond within 2 business days.