All Healthcare Professionals, Healthcare Teams, Leaders, Physicians
Available for individuals:
Available for team bookings:
CPD Credits Earned
College of Family Physicians of Canada
20.0 Mainpro+ credits (Group Learning)
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
16.0 MOC credits in total (7.0 credits Section 1 and 9.0 credits Section 3)
- Thursdays Jan 14, 21, 28 and February 4 & 11, 2021 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm ET
- Tuesdays January 26 and February 2, 9, 16 & 23, 2021 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm ET
- March 24, 31 & April 7, 14 & 21, 2021 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm EDT
Cost for Individual Registration$1,050.00
About the Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour online program
The increased pressure of the pandemic has significantly impacted physicians and other healthcare professionals. To help managers address behavioural issues constructively, Saegis offers Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour.
Saegis’ virtual offering of the Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour program offers the same interactive content as our in person workshop. It is a comprehensive program that supports healthcare leaders in recognizing and addressing unprofessional behaviour. It equips leaders with the strategies, knowledge and skills to manage behavioural challenges within their healthcare teams and establish an effective institutional culture to underpin this knowledge.
Strengths of the program:
- Designed and developed in collaboration with the CMPA therefore providing a unique understanding of healthcare safety issues
- Includes a survey to establish participants’ understanding and management of unprofessional behaviour and institutional culture. Survey results form the basis of discussions during the course.
- Participants review and apply the policies and procedures relative to unprofessional behaviour from their own institution.
Topics to be covered:
- Definition of unprofessional behaviour
- Impact of unprofessional behaviour on patient safety and members of healthcare teams
- Introduction to Just Culture concepts and principles
- Tools and strategies to address unprofessional behaviour
- Application of skills through multiple case studies
Ten hours. Currently offered online as five 2-hour online sessions delivered over the course of five weeks.
- Confidently implement institutional policies and procedures for managing unprofessional behaviours
- Effectively utilize a staged approach to defuse unprofessional behaviours
- Describe how to enhance a professional workplace culture that leads to
safe patient care
- Explain how to support clinicians whether reporting or displaying
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, an HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
- For more information on system requirements please visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux
In addition to this virtual open enrollment workshop, Saegis can offer a customized program that specifically meets your organization’s needs. If you think your leadership team could benefit from this program, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-833-435-9979 for more information about customized sessions.
General Questions or Inquiries
Please contact us with your questions or inquiries. We will respond within 2 business days.