All Healthcare Professionals, Healthcare Teams, Physicians, Residents
Available for team bookings:
- We’re sorry, no sessions for individual registration are currently scheduled
Cost for Individual Registration$699.00
CPD Credits Earned
College of Family Physicians of Canada
12 Mainpro+ credits (Group Learning)
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
6.0 MOC credits (Section 1)
About the Successful Patient Interactions program
This program is currently on hold due to COVID-19
The Successful Patient Interactions course assists physicians and other healthcare providers in achieving more successful encounters with their patients, for a safer healthcare experience.
Strengths of the program
- Developed in partnership with the CMPA and leverages the CMPA’s breadth of knowledge and understanding of physicians’ needs and healthcare safety issues.
- Skills-based, evidence-based
- Based on extensive research of key issues facing Canadian physicians and healthcare professionals
- Taught by experienced faculty
- Offers an interactive experience that will equip participants with tools to improve skills, increase work satisfaction and reduce risk.
- How effective communication can lower your medical legal risk
- Importance of empathy, active listening and non-verbal communication
- Sensitive clinical examinations
- Includes development of personalized learning and action plans
One day (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- Explain how building partnerships with patients is essential to reducing the risk of medico-legal issues.
- Describe five elements of patient-centered care that are crucial for building partnerships with patients
- Develop strategies to effectively manage potential communications barriers in the patient partnership
- Demonstrate effective use of two structured communication tools that enable patient centered communication
- Design an action plan that integrates elements of patient-centered care into each of the 5 stages of the clinical encounter
General Questions or Inquiries
Please contact us with your questions or inquiries. We will respond within 2 business days.