All Healthcare Professionals, Healthcare Teams, Physicians, Residents
Available for team bookings:
CPD Credits Earned
College of Family Physicians of Canada
12 Mainpro+ credits (Group Learning)
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
6.0 MOC credits (Section 1)
- We’re sorry, no sessions for individual registration are currently scheduled
Cost for Individual Registration$699.00
About the Successful Patient Interactions program
This program is currently on hold due to COVID-19
The Successful Patient Interactions course assists physicians and other healthcare providers in achieving more successful encounters with their patients, for a safer healthcare experience.
Strengths of the program
- Developed in partnership with the CMPA and leverages the CMPA’s breadth of knowledge and understanding of physicians’ needs and healthcare safety issues.
- Skills-based, evidence-based
- Based on extensive research of key issues facing Canadian physicians and healthcare professionals
- Taught by experienced faculty
- Offers an interactive experience that will equip participants with tools to improve skills, increase work satisfaction and reduce risk.
- How effective communication can lower your medical legal risk
- Importance of empathy, active listening and non-verbal communication
- Sensitive clinical examinations
- Includes development of personalized learning and action plans
One day (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- Explain how building partnerships with patients is essential to reducing the risk of medico-legal issues.
- Describe five elements of patient-centered care that are crucial for building partnerships with patients
- Develop strategies to effectively manage potential communications barriers in the patient partnership
- Demonstrate effective use of two structured communication tools that enable patient centered communication
- Design an action plan that integrates elements of patient-centered care into each of the 5 stages of the clinical encounter
General Questions or Inquiries
Please contact us with your questions or inquiries. We will respond within 2 business days.