Just Culture - 1 Day Pre-Conference course
New! This one-day Just Culture workshop is a pre-conference session at the Canadian Conference on Physician Leadership. To register, click here to go to the conference website.
In this course, healthcare leaders will learn how to create and manage a just culture. A just culture establishes a consistent organizational mindset that positively impacts the work environment and work outcomes. It allows an organization to fairly and consistently manage mistakes and errors in a way that does not automatically punish and to analyze system design and human behaviours to understand what happened and why. This allows for true learning and system improvement. Central to its application is the Just Culture Algorithm, an effective tool to provide a just and consistent analysis of human behavioural choices and how they should be managed.
- Explain the role of accountability and justice in a learning culture
- Identify the role of an organization's mission and values in promoting a just culture
- Explain how the Just Culture algorithm can be used to manage risk and enhance safety
This program is for: departmental leaders/ directors/ managers within healthcare institutions, including those involved in human resources.
Benefits of the program:
- Reduce adverse events
- Improve systems
- Improve operational reliability
- Improve team Morale
Materials provided include:
- The Just Culture Algorithm
- One-year subscription to the online Just Culture Assessment Tool
- One-year subscription to the online Just culture Academy
Date: April 25, 2019 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: The Queen Elizabeth Fairmont Hotel, Montreal, Quebec
Cost: CMA members - $950.00/non-members -$1,100
For more information and to register, visit the conference website at www.physicianleadershipconference.com
Register early as space is limited to 30 participants.