Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour
Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour is a comprehensive program that supports healthcare leaders in recognizing and addressing unprofessional behaviour. It equips leaders with the strategies, knowledge and skills to manage behavioural challenges within their healthcare teams and establish an effective institutional culture to underpin this knowledge.
“Excellent program! All people in leadership roles should do this!” - Department Head, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, ON
This program is for: All healthcare leaders and those involved in human resources within healthcare institutions.
Benefits of the program:
- Designed and developed in collaboration with the CMPA therefore providing a unique understanding of healthcare safety issues
- Includes a survey to establish participant's understanding and management of unprofessional behaviour and institutional culture. Survey results form the basis of discussions during the course.
- Participants review and apply the policies and procedures relative to unprofessional behaviour from their own institution.
Topics to be covered:
- Definition of unprofessional behaviour
- Impact of unprofessional behaviour on patient safety and members of healthcare teams
- Introduction to Just Culture concepts and principles
- Tools and strategies to address unprofessional behaviour
- Application of skills through multiple case studies
As a result of attending this 1.5 day course, the leader will be able to:
- Confidently implement institutional policies and procedures for managing unprofessional behaviours
- Effectively utilize a staged approach to defuse unprofessional behaviours
- Describe how to enhance a professional workplace culture that leads to safe patient care
- Explain how to support clinicians whether reporting or displaying unprofessional behaviour
Duration: 1.5 day
Day 1: 8:00am-4:30pm
Day 2: 8:00am-12:00pm
Cost: (Open enrollment session) $1200
In addition to the open enrollment sessions, Saegis can offer a more comprehensive, on-site Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviours course that specifically meets your organization's needs. If you think your leadership team could benefit from this program, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-833-435-9979 for more information about registering for an upcoming session or about customized sessions.