Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour
Strategies for Managing Unprofessional Behaviour is a comprehensive program for all leaders within healthcare institutions to recognize and address unprofessional behaviour. It equips participants with the strategies, knowledge and skills to manage behavioural challenges within their healthcare teams and establish an effective institutional culture to underpin this knowledge.
“Excellent program! All people in leadership roles should do this!” - Department Head, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, ON
This program is for: All healthcare leaders and those involved in human resources within healthcare institutions.
Benefits of the program:
- Designed and developed in collaboration with the CMPA therefore providing a unique understanding of healthcare safety issues
- Includes a survey to establish participant's understanding and management of unprofessional behaviour and institutional culture. Survey results will form the basis of discussions during the course to ensure local relevance.
- Review and application of institution’s own policies and procedures relative to unprofessional behaviour.
- Includes the opportunity for identification and development of a plan for institutional improvement.
- Delivered on-site at a hospital/institution
- Designed with a flexible schedule to minimize time away.
Topics to be covered:
- Definition of unprofessional behaviour
- Impact of unprofessional behaviour on patient safety and members of healthcare teams
- Introduction to Just Culture concepts and principles
- Tools and strategies to address unprofessional behaviour
- Application of skills through multiple case studies
As a result of attending this 10 hour course, the leaders will be able to:
- Confidently implement institutional policies and procedures for managing unprofessional behaviours
- Effectively utilize a staged approach to defuse unprofessional behaviours
- Describe how to enhance a professional workplace culture that leads to safe patient care
- Explain how to support clinicians whether reporting or displaying unprofessional behaviour
Duration: 10 hours over two days (scheduling arrangement can be discussed to meet institution’s needs)
If you think your leadership team could benefit from this program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-833-435-9979.