Successful Patient Interactions
The Successful Patient Interactions course assists physicians and other healthcare providers in achieving more successful encounters with their patients, for a safer healthcare experience.
This program is for: Physicians, Residents and Healthcare Professionals
Benefits of the program:
The Successful Patient Interactions workshop was developed in partnership with the CMPA and leverages the CMPA’s breadth of knowledge and understanding of physicians’ needs and healthcare safety issues. The workshop is a skills-based, evidence-based, made-in-Canada program, based on extensive research of key issues facing Canadian physicians and healthcare professionals, and is taught by experienced faculty. The workshop will offer an interactive experience that will equip participants with tools to improve skills, increase work satisfaction and reduce risk.
Topics to be covered:
- How effective communication can lower your medical legal risk
- Importance of empathy, active listening and non-verbal communication
- Sensitive clinical examinations
- Includes development of personalized learning and action plans
- Describe up to three issues in the patient-physician relationship that can result in medical-legal difficulties.
- Describe the six elements of patient-centered care.
- Identify key effective communication strategies.
- Plan for the implementation of one new communication strategy in your practice.
- List the five stages of the patient consultation.
- Plan for the implementation of one improvement opportunity for each stage to enhance patient interactions.
- List six communication factors that can be potential barriers to developing an effective patient-physician relationship.
- Develop a strategy to integrate these factors at each stage of a patient consultation.
- Identify two structured communication tools that are helpful when discussing patient diagnoses.
Duration: 1 day (8:30 am - 4:30 pm)
(A price reduction is available for residents, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-833-435-9979 for further details)
Royal College of physicians and Surgeons of Canada
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the Canadian medical Protective Association for up to 6 MOC credits.
College of Family Physicians of Canada
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 6 Mainpro+ credits.
Sign up now
|Date / Location||Language|
|June 7, 2018 @ 08:30 |
Dow's Lake Court Conference Centre - room E
865 Carling Avenue
We will email you if a spot becomes available.