Successful Patient Interactions
The Successful Patient Interactions course assists physicians and other healthcare providers in achieving more successful encounters with their patients, for a safer healthcare experience.
This program is for: Physicians, Residents and Healthcare Professionals.
Benefits of the program:
- Developed in partnership with the CMPA and leverages the CMPA’s breadth of knowledge and understanding of physicians’ needs and healthcare safety issues.
- Skills-based, evidence-based
- Based on extensive research of key issues facing Canadian physicians and healthcare professionals
- Taught by experienced faculty
- Offers an interactive experience that will equip participants with tools to improve skills, increase work satisfaction and reduce risk.
Topics to be covered:
- How effective communication can lower your medical legal risk
- Importance of empathy, active listening and non-verbal communication
- Sensitive clinical examinations
- Includes development of personalized learning and action plans
- Explain how building partnerships with patients is essential to reducing the risk of medico-legal issues.
- Describe five elements of patient-centered care that are crucial for building partnerships with patients
- Develop strategies to effectively manage potential communications barriers in the patient partnership
- Demonstrate effective use of two structured communication tools that enable patient centered communication
- Design an action plan that integrates elements of patient-centered care into each of the 5 stages of the clinical encounter
Duration: 1 day (8:30 am - 4:30 pm)
(A price reduction is available for residents, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-833-435-9979 for further details)