SafeORTM is a quality initiative designed to advance the safety, culture and efficiency within Canadian operating rooms. The program provides the tools needed to leverage the data and deep analytics of the OR Black Box® platform. These learnings inform customized and evidence-based education and solutions for operating room teams.
SafeOR is offered on-site at Canadian hospitals.
SafeOR leverages human factors research, intraoperative data and the deep clinical analytics provided by the OR Black Box® platform. The program includes interdisciplinary learning opportunities focussed on team non-technical skills and provides support and coaching tailored to the team’s quality improvement needs. The goal of SafeOR is to inform safe surgical care and advance surgical safety.
Key elements of the SafeOR program are:
- Surgical safety, adverse events and risk.
- System factors and latent threats.
- Non-technical skills and surgical outcomes.
- Workplace culture and psychological safety.
- Assess system QI capacity and support local champions.
- Foundation workshops in QI methodology.
- Synchnorized intra-operative information is analyzed by a combination of highly trained clinical analysts and artificial intelligence.
- Reports and analytics are accessed through a user-friendly portal.
- Learning opportunities driven by hospital specific analytics that expand on the initial SafeOR education sessions.
- Ongoing collaboration providing QI support, team training and individual tailored opportunities.
These components work together to strengthen the resiliency of the OR team, and increase the hospital's capacity to advance the safety, culture and efficiency of their operating rooms.
Unique Program Features
This program leverages innovative technology and data that accelerates learning and validates the criticality of non-technical skills.
Leading Edge Technology
- The OR Black Box platform, engineered by SST, provides comprehensive intra-operative data from integrated devices, equipment and sensors in the operating room.
- Data is encrypted and de-identified to ensure security and anonymity.
Data & Insights
- Data is analyzed by highly trained analysts with clinical backgrounds, and through artificial intelligence.
- Findings provide valuable insight into both technical and non-technical skills.
To find out more about the SafeOR program, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free at 1-833-435-9979