Just Culture in Healthcare Certification Course - Online Workshop
Saegis' virtual offering of the Just Culture in Healthcare Certification Course offers the same interactive content as in the intensive 2-day in person workshop. The program has helped many organizations and healthcare institutions develop a more open and just culture. It teaches healthcare leaders and managers to implement a consistent and constructive way of looking at errors and near misses, considering both individual and system factors. To register, email us at email@example.com.
Saegis offers this program in partnership with the Just Culture Company, the company that developed the Just Culture model.
Participants will learn how to use the Just Culture Algorithm™ - a tool grounded in systems engineering, human factors and law. Leaders can use this tool to reinforce behaviour that improves systems and reduces negative outcomes, with the goal of improving patient safety.
The program consists of 6 two hour sessions facilitated via teleconference, 2.5 hours of pre-work, assignments and a 1.5 hour online certification exam and ongoing opportunities to learn through a range of online resources.
This program is for: departmental leaders / directors / managers within healthcare institutions, including those involved in human resources.
Benefits of the Program:
- Reduce adverse events
- Improve systems
- Improve operational reliability
- Improve team morale
Materials Provided Include:
- The Just Culture Algorithm™ v4.0
- Two-Year Subscription to the online Just Culture Assessment Tool
Topics to be Covered
- The history of our social trend toward a more punitive, yet unaccountable culture.
- The notions of duty, breach, and consequence as applied to inescapably fallible human beings.
- The scientific, legal, and social basis for a more just culture.
- The design of the Just Culture Algorithm™.
- How to become a role model, mentor, and coach to your employees.
Upon completion of the Just Culture Certification Course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the impact of accountability and justice in a learning culture.
- Identify the role of an organization’s mission and values in building a just culture.
- Explain and be able to mitigate judgement biases.
- Identify three system strategies to manage risk.
- Manage five core behaviours affecting risk.
- Perform a causal evaluation of an event.
- Utilize the Just Culture Algorithm™ .
- Explore how to implement a just culture.
Dates for upcoming course in English:
- July 14, 15, 16 & 21, 22, 23 (2 hours per day) from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm EDT
Dates for upcoming course in French:
- July 14, 16, 21, 23, 28 & 30 (2 hours per day) from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm EDT
- An internet connection - broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone - built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, an HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
For more information on system requirements, please visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux
Cost: $1,250 per participant
To register, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the virtual Just Culture in Healthcare Certification Course, Saegis can offer a more comprehensive, on-site Just Culture program that specifically meets your organization’s needs. For more information about registering for an upcoming session or about customized sessions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-833-435-9979