Clinical Communication Program
The Clinical Communication Program (CCP) is a highly intensive interpersonal skills training program which greatly enhances doctor-patient communication. The CCP is carefully designed to improve performance and reduce the risk of litigation or complaint. It creates significant behavioural and attitudinal change to improve safety and to renew enjoyment in the practice of medicine. Physicians who have undertaken the CCP have seen a reduction in complaints and claims brought against them.* The program was developed by the Medical Protection Society (MPS), a global physician protection association, and is offered in Canada exclusively by Saegis.
This program is for: Physicians
Duration: 6 months, consisting of three phases:
- Phase 1 – preparation and goal setting
- Phase 2 – three-day in-person residential workshop
- Phase 3 – four months of implementation and coaching activities
Benefits of the program:
Studies have shown this course to be highly effective in reducing future claims and litigation risk of physicians who had been identified as posing a significantly higher risk than their peers**. The real-world, results-focused approach includes development of a tailored workable action plan.
Key program elements:
- Program is limited to 6 participants to deliver more customized and focused training.
- Tailored activities to meet the specific communication training needs of each participant.
- Creation of a trusting, supportive environment conducive to learning and self-reflection.
- Establishment of a climate free from embarrassment, threat or shame where participants feel comfortable extending themselves.
- Development of a workable action plan to provide direction for participants in the long term.
- Support from a facilitator throughout the whole program (before, during and after the in-person workshop) to assist with the change process.
- To enhance communications skills.
- To decrease incidences of complaints and claims.
- To improve the understanding of the factors influencing interpersonal performance.
- To enable the participant to successfully apply practical skills in the workplace.
Cost & registration: $9,500 + tax
Please contact us at 1-833-435-9979 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to register.
Start date: March 1, 2019
- Phase 1 – Pre-work and goal setting, March 1, 2019 (6 weeks before the residential workshop)
- Phase 2 – 3-day residential workshop in Ottawa, April 12-14, 2019
- Phase 3 – Implementation and coaching April 15 to August 15, 2019 (18 weeks post workshop)
Places are limited! Sign up now for an upcoming CCP session.
** Source: Asia Pacific Journal of Health Management 2014; 9: 1